AN/PLM-4 Radar Signal Simulator with Missile Warning System (RSS MWS)
The Exelis AN/PLM-4 Radar Signal Simulator with Missile Warning System (RSS MWS) test function is the next step in the evolution of advanced flight line test sets. Exelis has incorporated Ultra Violet (UV) stimulation into the AN/PLM-4 Radar Signal Simulator (RSS). Multiple aircraft sensors can be tested using a single, portable, battery powered signal source. The RF/EO test set has all the advanced features of the AN/PLM-4 along with programmable UV missile profiles.
The AN/PLM-4 Radar emitter signal simulator software includes a software application that allows the user to develop missile profiles that simulate operational missiles UV profiles. In addition to UV missile profiles, the EO profile application allows the operator to create hostile fire signatures and maintenance test UV signatures. The application program allows the operator to create combined RF and EO engagements for system level tests, on the ground, at austere operating locations without the need for RF antenna couplers. The effective optical beam-width of the UV source allows non-critical pointing of the test set. The single AN/PLM-4 test set for RF and EO testing significantly reduces the logistics footprint for the war fighting technician.
- Tests existing deployed RF Electronic Warfare Receivers and Missile Warning Systems
- RF Frequency Range: 500 MHz – 18 GHz, optional 50MHz to 500MHz or 26GHz to 40GHz
- UV Wavelength: Solar Blind
- Programmable UV intensity
- The distance-to-sensor test range varies depending on the specific UV MWS under test but ranges up to 100 ft are possible during operational ground test