Ethics and Compliance
At ITT Exelis, our ethical culture serves as the foundation to providing long term value to our stakeholders, and the Code of Conduct is the primary tool for guiding employee behavior
Furthermore, each and every employee is personally responsible for behaving ethically. And we support our employees in this journey through our comprehensive ethics & compliance program that enable them to behave according to our stated values of respect, responsibility, and integrity. And critical to our success is to maintain a culture where employees and stakeholders feel confident that their reported concerns will be handled confidentially, appropriately, and without fear of retaliation.
Our fundamental goals are to promote an ethical culture, deter inappropriate conduct, and detect potential compliance issues. And we adhere to the philosophy of continuously improving and adapting our ethics & compliance program to elevate our ethical culture.
Evidence of our commitment to promoting an ethical culture at ITT Exelis can be found in some elements of our program found below:
- Published and disseminated a relevant, user friendly, and comprehensive Code of Conduct for every employee/contractor.
- Established robust export, import, and anti-corruption programs to underscore and implement our unwavering policy of strict compliance with the laws and regulations governing international trade.
- Established EthicsPoint helpline and Ombudsperson network for all stakeholders to raise concerns, including not only employees but customers, suppliers, partners, sales agents, and contractors.
- Established internal Ethics & Compliance Review Boards, at both the corporate and value center levels, to quickly and thoroughly investigate and address potential concerns.
- Promote ITT Exelis values, ethics and compliance through routine communications, on-line and face-to-face training, and policies.