At Exelis our commitment to optimizing diversity is demonstrated through the performance and contributions of our employees; it is also what differentiates us in the marketplace.
The power of our ingenuity is fueled in part by how we value individuality as well as how we collaborate with each other, our customers and our partners.
At Exelis we will be intentional in how we leverage diversity at the customer interface, in talent management, and in capability building.
This in turn will accelerate delivering value to our customers and increase employee productivity, innovation and engagement.
ITT Exelis Inclusion & Diversity in Action
• ITT Exelis partners with the following organizations including but not limited to:
o American Indian Science and Engineering Society (AISES)
o Asia American Federation (AAF)
o Black Engineer of the Year Awards (BEYA)
o Corp Equality Index (CEI)
o Diversity Inc.
o Getting Hired
o Great Minds in STEM
o Historically Black Colleges & Universities (HBCUs)
o Human Rights Campaign (HRC)
o Minority Supplier Diversity/China
o National Society of Black Engineers (NSBE)
o National Women’s Hall of Fame (NWHF)
o Recruit Military/Search & Employ
o Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers (SHPE)
o Society for Women Engineers (SWE)
o Veterans Across America
o West Point Diversity Conference
o Women In Aerospace
o Women of Color (WOC)
• Celebrates employees who have been recognized by national Diversity organizations such as: BEYA and Women of Color
• ITT Exelis has an active Diversity Council
• ITT Exelis supports Employee Resources Groups
• Annual charitable contributions are made in support of many organizations that enhance our communities and provide meaningful assistance to those in need.
• Top 10 Military-Friendly Employer (G.I. Jobs magazine)
• Diversity Leader Award (Profiles in Diversity Journal)
• Top 50 Employer (Minority Engineer magazine)
• A Best Diversity Company (Diversity/Careers in Engineering & Information Technology magazine)
Our ITT Legacy
• ITT was named #3 among "Top Military-Friendly Employers" by G.I. Jobs. The company earned its high ranking out of nearly 2,500 competing companies based on strong military recruiting efforts, high percentage of new military hires, and proactive policies that fully support the National Guard and reservists.
• The Fort Wayne Journal Gazette and the Fort Wayne Sentinel named ITT Communications Systems a "Best Place to Work" in the large employer category.
• Workforce Diversity for Engineering & IT Professionals Magazine ranked ITT at number 47 in its 2009 Top 50 Employers listing. The ranking reflects reader selections of companies for which they'd like to work, and companies that provide a positive working environment for minority groups.
ITT has been included in the first intellectual property investment index, the Ocean Tomo 300 Index, encompassing 300 companies with the highest "innovation ratio" (defined as patent value to book value). The Ocean Tomo 300 Index
trades on the American Stock Exchange under symbol OTPAT.
Join Our Team
To join our team, click here