Exelis Inclusion & Diversity Council
Exelis endeavors to foster an inclusive culture that promotes the diverse perspectives, backgrounds, and contributions of every employee and enables the company to deliver superior business results. In order to achieve this vision, we have established an Inclusion & Diversity Council, chaired by our CEO.
The Inclusion & Diversity Council will serve to provide guidance for and feedback on Exelis diversity and inclusion efforts; provide input in the areas of talent development, staffing, and workforce planning; and educate and raise awareness for employees across the company. Additionally, the Inclusion & Diversity Council will provide a forum enabling employees to raise important issues relating to inclusion and diversity within Exelis. The members of this critical team were selected by each of the Division presidents and will include representation from every Division.
Exelis Inclusion & Diversity in Action
- Some of the organizations with which Exelis partners include:
- American Indian Science and Engineering Society (AISES)
- Asia American Federation (AAF)
- Black Engineer of the Year Awards (BEYA)
- Corp Equality Index (CEI)
- Diversity Inc.
- Getting Hired
- Great Minds in STEM
- Historically Black Colleges & Universities (HBCUs)
- Human Rights Campaign (HRC)
- Minority Supplier Diversity/China
- National Society of Black Engineers (NSBE)
- National Women’s Hall of Fame (NWHF)
- Recruit Military/Search & Employ
- Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers (SHPE)
- Society for Women Engineers (SWE)
- Veterans Across America
- West Point Diversity Conference
- Women In Aerospace
- Women of Color (WOC)
Celebrates employees who have been recognized by national Diversity organizations such as: BEYA and Women of Color
Exelis has an active Diversity Council
Exelis supports Employee Resources Groups
Annual charitable contributions are made in support of many organizations that enhance our communities and provide meaningful assistance to those in need.
Top 10 Military-Friendly Employer (G.I. Jobs magazine)
Diversity Leader Award (Profiles in Diversity Journal)
Top 50 Employer (Minority Engineer magazine)
A Best Diversity Company (Diversity/Careers in Engineering & Information Technology magazine)
Our Exelis Legacy
- Exelis was named #3 among "Top Military-Friendly Employers" by G.I. Jobs. The company earned its high ranking out of nearly 2,500 competing companies based on strong military recruiting efforts, high percentage of new military hires, and proactive policies that fully support the National Guard and reservists.
- The Fort Wayne Journal Gazette and the Fort Wayne Sentinel named Exelis a "Best Place to Work" in the large employer category.
- Workforce Diversity for Engineering & IT Professionals Magazine ranked Exelis at number 47 in its 2009 Top 50 Employers listing. The ranking reflects reader selections of companies for which they'd like to work, and companies that provide a positive working environment for minority groups.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Exelis is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, gender, gender identity, age, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, status as a disabled or protected veteran, or any legally protected personal characteristic.
Join Our Team
To join our team, explore our career opportunities.