Our Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance ISR Systems business serves a broad array of government, civil and commercial customers with intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance systems that enhance information superiority, contribute to our national security, provide actionable data, and protect property and human life. Our specialized capabilities include, high reliability remote sensing payloads for ground, air and space, offering active and motion imaging, anti-jam signal generation data encryption, information processing and system performance modeling and simulation. We also provide solutions that map and monitor the earth for a variety of commercial and governmental users. Our imaging payloads or sensors systems have been at the heart of nearly every U. S . commercial remote sensing satellite system. Our sensors currently provide all of the commercial high resolution space-based imagery in the United States and we now are expanding this expertise to pursue several new opportunities in Asia and the middle East. Our environmental systems monitor and evaluate our global environment with space and airborne remote sensing and ground data processing.
Advanced Materials and Design/Fabrication
• An extensive database of advanced materials, including Invar, graphite and boron fibers, cyanate siloxane, cyanate ester, and epoxy resins, and Carbon Nanotube Technology.
• Cyanate siloxane resins absorb 90% less moisture than epoxy systems, greatly reducing hygroscopic instability.
• Patented Hybrid Laminate technology delivers 1-D laminates with zero CTE and zero CME, and 2-D laminates with zero CTE in all in-plane directions. Exhibits a modulus of elasticity as high as 65 MSI.
• Carbon Nanotube Technology is a new collection of tools available to iterate new solutions and solve problems that we face in our high performance imaging systems.
• Cost effective composite part manufacturing processes (including layup, fiber placement, compression molding, exclusive RTM process, and highly integrated layup) that provide best value solutions.
• Precision Measurement Laboratory performs CTE, CME, moisture uptake and other temporal tests. CTE measurement to better than ±0.02 -in/in/°F possible. Test sets NIST traceable.
• Characterization of Telescope Components, including the COSTAR and STIS components for Hubble Space telescope and composite parts for the Chandra X-ray Observatory.
• Utilize State of the Art Material Database built by testing over 5000 coupons to validate design and manufacture of zero CTE composite laminates.
Static Load Testing
• Large structures at 45°F to 95°F, such as Chandra's 26 ft. long 100 in. diameter optical bench.
• Simultaneous movement by up to 32 hydraulic cylinders with acquisition and integration of test data from as many as 288 strain gage, 30 LVDT, and 32 acoustic emission sensors.
• Sine and random vibration testing facility featuring two separate test cells capable of 15,000 lbf lateral and 28,000 lbf vertical testing, extensive protection schemes for hardware and personnel safety plus 160 channels for data acquisition.
• Mechanical test capabilities including shock testing, modal survey test and analysis, accelerometer instrumentation, and on-site accelerometer calibration traceable to NIST.