HERNDON, Va., July 11, 2012 – ITT Exelis
(NYSE: XLS) has released a significant enhancement to its advanced aircraft flight tracking and situational awareness system. Symphony OpsVue v. 1.8
includes diversion management capabilities and surface surveillance for all 35 of the busiest US airports that use the Airport Surface Detection Equipment, Model X (ASDE-X) runway-safety tool.
“With the convective weather season upon us, the Symphony OpsVue 1.8 diversions management capability allows for the indispensable capability of actively monitoring all commercial flights in the national airspace system,” said Ted Carniol, principal for commercial services at ITT Exelis Information Systems
. “This enables automatic alerting to select airlines, airports, and concerned stakeholders of current tarmac delays and aircraft diversions, allowing for safer and more efficient operations system wide.”
The Web-based Symphony OpsVue is the only system of its kind to leverage real-time data from the Federal Aviation Administration’s NextGen
surveillance system to provide flight tracking and situational awareness to airport and airline operators.
The application enables collaborative decision-making among pilots, controllers and airport staff by allowing users to track aircraft and vehicle movement; monitor performance and irregular operations; and manage arrivals, departures, pushback and de-icing times, and compliance with passenger bill of rights requirements. New features and benefits with regard to the diversions capability in the Symphony OpsVue v. 1.8 version include:
• Advisories that alert the user, or a stored list of stakeholders, to any flight diverted to or from a specified list of airports.
• Advisories that compare the number of active diversions to a specified airport against its diversion capacity (defined by the user), providing alerts based in percentages (e.g., 25 percent, 50 percent, 75 percent, 100 percent) of the capacity.
• Diversion-related fields are available both in SmartTables and for display in the flight data tags, such as time aircraft was diverted, diversion destination and scheduled destination.
• Airport dashboard identification of flights being diverted to and from the relevant airport.
• The Symphony OpsVue v. 1.8 version provides data for all 35 US ASDE-X airports including comprehensive nationwide flight tracking and surface surveillance data for: Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport; Bradley International Airport, Baltimore-Washington International Airport; Logan International Airport, Boston, Mass.; Charlotte Douglas International Airport, Charlotte, N.C.; Reagan National Airport, Washington, D.C.; Denver International Airport, Denver, Colo.; Dallas-Ft. Worth International Airport, Texas; Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County Airport, Mich.; Newark Liberty International Airport, N.J.; Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport, Fla.; Honolulu International Airport, Hawaii; William P. Hobby Airport, Houston, Texas; Washington Dulles International Airport, Chantilly, Va.; George Bush Intercontinental Airport, Houston, Texas; John F. Kennedy International Airport, N.Y.; McCarran International Airport, Las Vegas, Nev.; Los Angeles International Airport, Calif.; LaGuardia Airport, N.Y.; Orlando International Airport, Fla.; Midway Airport, Chicago, Ill.; Memphis Airport, Tenn.; Miami International Airport, Fla.; General Mitchell International Airport, Milwaukee, Wisc.; Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport, Minn.; O’Hare International Airport, Chicago, Ill.; Philadelphia International Airport, Pa.; Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport, Ariz.; T.F. Green Airport, R.I.; San Diego International Airport, Calif.; Louisville International Airport, Ky.; Sea-Tac Airport, Wash.; Salt Lake City International Airport, Utah; John Wayne Airport, Calif; and Lambert St. Louis International Airport, Mo.
Symphony OpsVue is one module within the comprehensive Exelis Symphony
application suite, which includes EnvironmentalVue, RevenueVue and MobileVue.
About ITT Exelis
ITT Exelis is a diversified, top-tier global aerospace, defense and information solutions company with strong positions in enduring and emerging global markets. Exelis is a leader in networked communications, sensing and surveillance, electronic warfare, navigation, air traffic solutions and information systems with growing positions in cyber security, composite aerostructures, logistics and technical services. The company has a 50-year legacy of innovation and technology expertise, partnering with customers worldwide to deliver affordable, mission-critical products and services for managing global threats, conflicts and complexities. Headquartered in McLean, Va., the company employs about 20,500 people and generated 2011 sales of $5.8 billion. www.exelisinc.com
Media contact:Jane Khodos