HERNDON, Va., March 7, 2012 – ITT Exelis (NYSE: XLS) has released a significant enhancement to its advanced flight tracking and situational awareness system. Symphony OpsVueTM 1.7 doubles the amount of data available to airport and airline customers and adds 2D and 3D replay of real-time airport and airway activity.
“With this upgrade, Exelis will offer OpsVue users an unprecedented level of real-time situational awareness. The ability to better track aircraft and ground vehicles allows for safer, more efficient operations across the country,” said Ted Carniol, general manager of commercial aviation solutions at Exelis. “That’s good for airlines, airports, passengers and the environment.”
The Web-based Symphony OpsVue system incorporates the most comprehensive aircraft surveillance data available from multiple sources to provide a complete picture of activity on the ground and in the sky. It is the first system of its kind to leverage real-time data from the Federal Aviation Administration’s NextGen surveillance system.
Symphony OpsVue enables collaborative decision-making among pilots, controllers and airport staff by allowing users to track aircraft and vehicle movement; monitor performance and irregular operations; and manage arrivals, departures, pushback and de-icing times, and compliance with passenger bill of rights requirements. New features and benefits include:
- Double the number of data tags: 18 new fields are available for each individual aircraft, including OOOI (Out, Off, On and In) times, as well as gate and terminal assignments. This improves user understanding of each flight operation.
- Data for 19 new airports: Comprehensive nationwide flight tracking, and surface surveillance data for 32 airports including: Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport; Bradley International Airport, Windsor Locks, Conn.; Logan International Airport, Boston, Mass.; Charlotte Douglas International Airport, Charlotte, N.C.; Reagan National Airport, Washington, D.C.; Denver International Airport, Denver, Colo.; Dallas/Ft. Worth International Airport, Texas; Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County Airport, Mich.; Newark Liberty International Airport, N.J.; Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport, Fla.; William P. Hobby Airport, Houston, Texas; Washington Dulles International Airport, Chantilly, Va.; George Bush Intercontinental Airport, Houston, Texas; John F. Kennedy International Airport, N.Y.; McCarran International Airport, Las Vegas, Nev.; Los Angeles International Airport, Calif.; LaGuardia Airport, N.Y.; Orlando International Airport, Fla.; Midway Airport, Chicago, Ill.; Miami International Airport, Fla.; General Mitchell International Airport, Milwaukee, Wisc.; Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport, Minn.; O’Hare International Airport, Chicago, Ill.; Philadelphia International Airport, Pa.; T.F. Green Airport, R.I.; Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport, Ariz.; San Francisco International Airport, Calif.; Sea-Tac Airport, Wash.; Salt Lake City International Airport, Utah; John Wayne Airport, Calif.; and Lambert St. Louis International Airport, Mo.
- Customizable 2D and 3D models of airspace, runways and gates: An innovative drawing tool allows users to analyze and monitor traffic in real time on the ground and in the air. The 2D and 3D geofencing tracks the volume, speed and movement of aircraft within a certain space.
- Real-time identification and annotation of Visual Flight Rules (VFR) aircraft: Operators are alerted to nearby aircraft operating under VFR.
- NextGen SWIM compatibility: The OpsVue upgrade is the first fleet and surface management tool in the industry to be built using a service-oriented architecture, compatible with the FAA NextGen System Wide Information Management (SWIM) initiative.
- Real-time charting capability: Visualizations of aircraft data collected across the system, such as surface operations and Geo-Fencing, can be plotted in real time and viewed on an executive dashboard.
- 15-minute digital video recorder replay: Introduction of historical analysis capacity with replay capability of the previous 15 minutes of nationwide data.
- New airport-critical advisories: Includes surface saturation advisories, FAA Aeronautical Information Services advisories for traffic management initiatives such as ground delays and ground stops, ASDE-X system status advisories, and emergency alert advisories for aircraft squawking 7700, 7600, 7500.
- Symphony OpsVue is one module within the comprehensive Exelis Symphony application suite, which includes EnvironmentalVue, RevenueVue and MobileVue.
About ITT Exelis Information Systems
Headquartered in Herndon, Va., the ITT Exelis Information Systems
division has a strong heritage of applying highly specialized talent to provide customers with innovative solutions for their most critical missions, including the defense and intelligence, air traffic management, space and earth science, and homeland defense markets.
About ITT Exelis
ITT Exelis is a diversified, top-tier global aerospace, defense and information solutions company with strong positions in enduring and emerging global markets. Exelis is a leader in networked communications, sensing and surveillance, electronic warfare, navigation, air traffic solutions and information systems with growing positions in cyber security, composite aerostructures, logistics and technical services. The company has a 50-year legacy of innovation and technology expertise, partnering with customers worldwide to deliver affordable, mission-critical products and services for managing global threats, conflicts and complexities. Headquartered in McLean, Va., the company employs about 20,500 people and generated 2011 sales of $5.8 billion. www.exelisinc.com